Product Information: For Instructors
We recently hosted an online conference, where instructors who currently use Mastering gave presentations on a number of different topics you might find interesting. You can access these presentations here.
Used by over a million science students, the Mastering platform is the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences.
- Individualizes tutoring
- Improves learning and grades
- Provides insight into student performance
- Easily captures data to demonstrate assessment outcomes
- MasteringPhysics tutorials guide students through the toughest topics in physics with self-paced tutorials that provide individualized coaching. These assignable, in-depth tutorials are designed to coach students with hints and feedback specific to their individual misconceptions.
- MasteringPhysics helps students make connections to the real world using interactive research-based simulations from the PhET Group at University of Colorado - Boulder.
- A comprehensive library of tried and tested ActivePhysics applets is designed to encourage students to confront misconceptions, reason qualitatively, experiment quantitatively, and learn to think critically.
- MasteringPhysics is the only online physics homework system with research showing that it improves student learning. A wide variety of published papers based on NSF-sponsored research and independent tests illustrate the benefits of MasteringPhysics.
- Find out how your students are doing before the first exam: the color-coded gradebook instantly identifies students in trouble and challenging topics for your class as a whole.
- Assessment you can use: easily captures data to demonstrate assessment outcomes.